I think, you can get a good impression of me if I list all the things I like and the things I do likely. This list is everything but complete, so please do not be surprised if I am not 100% identical to the impression you get from these list. I do not fit to categories, and I am always good for a surprise.
- I like singing.
- I like cycling, some years ago also motor cycling.
- Since 1991 I try playing the guitar. In the meantime, this sounds more and more like music and less like noise...
- I like photographing, I own a Canon EOS 30 SLR camera and lenses from 24 to 300mm focal length. Why classic "chemical" technique and not digital? Simply: higher Resolution and better sensitivity. Since 2003 I did also start with a digital SLR, in the beginning it was the EOS 300D from Canon, in the meantime I switched to the EOS 450D.
- I do not like techno, rap or house music - this is noise, not music. Well, you can dance to it - but why do the makers of that stuff not use the drums and leave the rest?
- I am fan of: Bryan Adams, Bruce Springsteen, Bob Seeger.
- And I am fan of Jesus of Nazareth and Martin Luther. They were men, who were unable to act against their conscience - even for the price of their lives! In this Line fits - Timothy, you are right - Martin Luther King. Also to mention are people like Bärbel Boley oder Nelson Mandela, who have managed to eleminate without use of violence political systems based on suppression.
- When I am in the right mood, I like to hear music from Mike Oldfield and Clannad. For those not knowing Clannad: It is an irish group, who connects traditiona irish music with modern rock. Part of the pieces are instrumental, some of them have english or gaelic text.
- I like the song Lady in Black from Uriah Heep, since I have heard this stone old balade for the first time.
- I like to work on our farm. It is a good contrast to work on the desktop or with the soldering iron.
- I am (sometimes) a real book worm. Prefered meal: The tales of Old Shatterhand and Kara ben Nemsi Effendi. Also historical tales of modern authors like "the cathedral" or "the medicus" are good for me. But unfortunally, I did not have much time to read the last years.
- And for the last: The Bible, especially the old testament. It is an impressing collection of old tales from an ancient people - more than the ten commandments and the exodus from egypt. Did you know, that there is a collection of love lyrics in the old testament?